The original Bayard's Ale House is a traditional, wood lined Irish pub in the heart of the West Village, New York City. You can find the same ambiance and wide selection of draft beers & classic comfort food at Bayard's on the Upper East side or at our sister pub—Niall's on 52nd. (well… it's the brother's pub to be exact)
We have some of the best burgers & wings in the city, come by for the craic!
The building that is now the Bayard's Ale house has been designated an official landmark of the City of New York. The oldest structure on Charles Street, its history stretches back to the Revolutionary War.
The property was once a part of Amos Farm, purchased by Richard Amos in 1788 from the Earl of Abingdon. The original plot extended from Washington Street on the west almost to Bleecker Street on the east, and from Charles to Christopher Street.
The building, with its Flemish bond brickwork and handsome paneled lintel, was constructed in 1826 for a carpenter, Henry Bayard. During the 19th Century, it served as a combination home and business for a succession of artisans and entrepreneurs, including a Dutch diamond merchant.